Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Potty Time!!

She did it. Punkin has been potty trained for a full week now, except for at night ofcourse. She decided last Saturday morning when I was getting her dressed that she wanted to wear her Tinkerbell panties. So that's where it started and we have been a full week with no diapers in the daytime and only a couple accidents. We used money as a motivator. She had a jar in the bathroom that had coins in it and everytime she went potty she got a few and would put them in her piggy bank. Well she filled the piggy bank, so we are going to the bank and counting the coins, opening a savings account for her and going to the store to buy her a toy. Is 2 too young to teach her how to save and spend her own money, hmmm maybe, but I imagine she has at least $75 in change and she certainly doesn't need it now.

1 comment:

Holby said...

I think that's totally awesome. Way 2 go! Ethan just turned 3 and I think we'll try your idea. We were talking yesterday about getting him some superhero undies. Maybe that'll be the trick. We've been putting coins in Ethan's "Big Boys Toys" bank for about two years. He loves pulling the money out to buy toys, slurpees and go to the arcade. I'm not sure we've taught him to save, but he certainly understands what money does.

Related Posts with Thumbnails