Well so far this weekend started off pretty interesting. Late Thursday night or early Friday morning, whichever way you look at it. We went to bed about midnight, but as usual Dallas was still up and going out for his last cig for the night. Next thing I know, I woke up a little after 1 am and Dallas wasn't in bed. So I went downstairs went out to the garage and he's standing there with a big goose-egg and cut above his right eye. I asked him what the heck happened and he said when he went out to the garage to smoke he went to the usual smoking spot behind his car next to the workbench), when he got there he heard a noise behind him and someone was crouched inbetween his car and the workbench. The guy jumped up hit him in the head with what we think might have been a small crow bar (because that's what is missing) and took off with a brand new car stereo in the box. Dallas had left a couple stereos on his workbench to take to work the next day for some guys at work, guess we won't be doing that again. Needless to say we called the cops, they called an ambulance to check his head and we finally got back to bed a little after 3 am. Yes, Dallas is o.k.
Then, yesterday while we were watching T.V. I kept hearing a scratching noise near the fireplace. I just thought it was Mojo at first, but when I heard it again I looked at Mojo and she was just sleeping. So I said to Dallas, "I think there is something in the chimney. He looked at me like I was crazy and then he heard it too. So later in the afternoon when it cooled down little, he got on the roof and looked down the chimney and there it was, a bird. It was sitting on the damper. So our master plan, or I should say Dallas' cause I didn't really do anything, was to remove the elbow part of the woodburning stove and then put a bag under it and open the damper. It sounded easy, but we thought it was going to be hard. It wasn't, everything went smoothly, the bird dropped and we dumped him out of the bag in the backyard and he automaticaly flew off. He was a cute little black bird, or maybe he was just covered in soot.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago


2 comments:
Unbelievable! I can't believe Dallas got jumped in your garage. What is this world coming to?
I'm glad he's okay, aside from the bump on the head.
We installed an alarm on our home after my whole stereo was ripped out of my Wrangler in our driveway a couple years ago.
I also have a couple guns for protection, but hopefully we'll never need to use them.
There are a lot of meth heads around us. You never know what they're willing to do for their next fix. Sad.
Kamee, That's why you shouldn't smoke...tell Dallas that oh and it's bad for your teeth!!!
Post a Comment