Sunday, December 14, 2008

What happened to Customer Service?


So today I needed to go to Walmart to return a few things and pick up some odds and ends while I was there. One of the items on my list was rock salt, the most difficult things to buy. So I made my way around the store and browsed a bit, found a few more little gift items. By the way, if any of you have a Scentsy, Walmart now has little wax scents for a $1.88 and they smell pretty good. Anyway, I get to the checkout and ask the nice woman to ring up four bags of salt. She told me to go ahead and pull up to the front of the store and there are associates available to help me. So I did just that. Firstly it's snowing, not a little, a lot. Second I'm in my Mustang because two of those bags of salt are staying in the trunk to aid in traction this winter. Third, there is nobody to help me and snow covered salt bags. So instead of standing there like an idiot waiting for someone to help I just help myself. I'm loading the second bag and a Walmart employee shoveling the sidewalk just walks on by. I couldn't believe it. What happened to customer service let alone chivalry? So as he shoveled I loaded the last two bags. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem doing these things on my own, it would just be nice if someone would offer and I'm certainly not going to ask for help when it's obvious some is needed. Also, the cashier did tell me to have my reciept available to show them so they didn't think I was just taking them. How funny is that, I could have loaded up and nobody would've even noticed. Too bad my trunk is so small.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails