In an effort to make my blog more interesting and fun to read I'm borrowing an idea from my dear friend Mindy. Although on a somewhat different but similar subject.
We have lived in our house for almost four years and I have been coming into my own in the garden. I got a lot of practice in our starter home and now I feel confident in my abilities and the soil in our yard. Probably more the soil. I thouroughly enjoy planting flowers, weeding, and watering only to pull into our cul-de-sac and be welcomed by my labors. Nothing gives me more joy than seeing those flowers after a long work day, well except my family of course. But from my car pulling in the driveway, they are a great welcome home.
Over the last three years I've found that petunias are the choice flowers for my borders with three day lilies behind them. My Grandmother had given me one of her Hibiscus plants when we were moving and that has turned into my pride and joy. So this evening I went out and snapped some pictures of what my flower garden is starting out like. I just planted the petunias this weekend and purchased a lilac bush that I will eventually trim to be tree like. It will take the place of a huge and not so attractive evergreen tree thing. It will probably look funny for a while but I think the end result is going to be fantastic. Also I'm going to document week by week, with pictures, how my garden grows. So here we go.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago





2 comments:
I love love love lilacs. They are fabulous! Don't forget to take the dead flowers off as you go. It helps promote more flowers ;)
That's awesome! I love flowers too.
Post a Comment