
A quick reminder of how sweet our children can be.
This morning we were watching cartoon network and pro-flowers.com kept advertising their Mothers Day specials. You know "1 dozen roses for 19.99 but for a limited time you can get double the roses for only ten dollars more." Anyways, the commercial played probably ten times this morning pounding into my three year olds head that she needed to get her mom roses for Mothers Day. Punkin said several times "I want to get you roses mommy", then it turned into "I want to get you double roses." I told her thank you very much for thinking of me and that I love her very much for even wanting to get me flowers but that she didn't need to and that her hugs would be a great Mothers Day gift. She seemed happy with that and then we went on with our day.
Later, Dallas was going to the store for a few items and Punkin wanted to go with. They were gone for quite a while and when they returned she surprised me with a rose. Dallas had missed the whole commercial thing earlier in the morning, so it was a surprise to him when they walked into the grocery store and the first thing she did was ran to the flowers and said she wanted to get me some. He was so taken with it that of course he couldn't say no.
It reminded me of how sweet and selfless our children can be, regardless of how they may be feeling towards us. She had gotten into some trouble just before they went to the store, and you know if she had been an adult she would've never given the flowers a second thought. This is a very simple thing that I will try to remember the next time I get angry at someone who really deserves some flowers.


1 comment:
That's really sweet!
Post a Comment