I know I've posted about my tree before but this is for a special party. I'm joining in The Thrifty Decor Chicks Christmas Tree Party. So here we go.
Below is a picture of my whole tree. I have a lot of ornaments from when I was a child so this is anything but a theme tree. I love traditions, especially around Christmas time. So what would suit me better than a traditional tree. Another thing that I love that I found at Tai-Pan was the sheer red fabric tree garland that wraps around the tree. When I bought it and got it home I was really wide. I think it was meant for super fat and tall trees and honestly I should've bought two. I had an ah-ha moment and thought of my friend who's mom is a seamstress and has a surger. I asked her to cut it and surge it straight down the middle (lengthwise). Voila! I now have two separate garlands that aren't too wide and look fantabulous!
Below is a huge bow that my mom helped me make with some beautiful velvet and shear ribbon and some shimmery red ribbon with her bow-dabra. Greatest invention ever! Loooove the bow.
Here is a shot of one of my four giant snowflakes. My favorite newest addition. You'll also notice a coppery red ribbon tide into the branches. I started doing bows but realized that was taking up not only time but also the ribbon. I just tie them deep into the branches in a single knot and I think it looks great and I was able to spread the ribbon out a little more.
This little sweetie is my Christmas Tree Fairy. My mom gave her to me a few years ago and luckily her attire matches a lot of the new things I've added. I always place her near the top as if she was watching over us.
These are my three mini trees. I usually decorate them with some fun little ornaments but this year decided that simple is better for me. I love these trees because they have these bare trunks and the branches are only at the top. The bottoms are covered with burlap and I found the cute little ladder at Tai-Pan for some interest. The little stool is not a Christmas item, it's the time out stool, that usually sits in that corner but looks cute right where it is. Thanks for visiting.



No comments:
Post a Comment