Thursday, April 1, 2010

What!!!

So the day is finally here. I've dreaded this for years. I remember when I was a kid and I thought my mom was old at 30. She's now fifty and doesn't seem old at all. In fact it's almost as if she's gotten younger. I think it's true that teenagers and seniors (not that she's a senior by any means) are very similar in personality. They don't really have a care in the world. I actually made that discovery as a teenager camping with my Grandparents and their camping group full of seniors. They were like big kids and we had a blast, until our parents showed up. You know, the responsible adults, the kill joys. And here I am, the almost middle aged, cranky, hard working, unappreciated parent, just barely figuring out what my life is supposed to be, kill joy. But in all honesty, it might not be so bad. In a way, I've been thirty for ten years. That happens when you get married at 19. I don't have any regrets, never really did anything to regret. I learned a lot through my twenties that some may only begin to learn in their thirties. I might actually come to accept that my body doesn't have to look like it did when I got married, I have had children you know. I'm beginning to not care what brand of jeans I'm wearing as much as I care if they fit the right way. I've decided that I don't have to exercise to lose weight as much as I should exercise to stay healthy. I'm not too proud to shop at the DI for something unique to add to my home if it saves money. Coupons are my best friend. I still really love my 9 year old Mustang even if it's not the latest and greatest. I KNOW that my family IS everything to me. I guess my point is this, I've matured to a point where my maturity isn't something I'm trying to be, but what I've become. I've come a long way in the last ten years, so 40 - Bring IT!

2 comments:

Bree said...

Happy Birthday Kamee! I hope your day is fabulous and that you are spoiled and appreciated for the fabulous mother and wife that you are! :)

Mindy said...

Very mature attitude! You are great Kamee! Happy Birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails