Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day Seven - Gratitude Challenge

Take a picture of one thing, person, place or specific moment that makes you feel grateful. Share it with

your social network.


Today I feel grateful for this...........
I'm so grateful for my pets. When you have children, your pets kind of take a back seat, but they were and still are always a huge part of our family. Mojo was our first "fur baby". She wasn't your conventional cat, some thought we were crazy to keep her. She had been confined to a kennel for the majority of her life because she sprayed......everything. I couldn't get rid of her just because she had "issues", we worked with them. She was happiest and content in her kennel. And she was the only cat in our household that was allowed outside, because she would just lay by the door. She  was the most affectionate cat you could imagine, and she would come when called. I will so miss our Mojo. She was 12 years old, and very overweight. Like I said, she went outside and just laid there. Tuesday when I got home I noticed that she hadn't eaten her food from the night before and had barely used her litter box since Saturday. Wednesday night I came home to her lying in her own vomit. I cleaned her up and cuddled her for about an hour. She loved to nudge her nose under our chins and just snuggle and that's what she did for the majority of the time. By morning she hadn't moved from the night before and was very weak. I got her to the vet and after blood tests and x-rays it was determined that her body temperature and heart rate were very low, her heart was enlarged, and her kidneys were failing. They called her a critical case. So the decision was made and recommended by the vet, who was the sweetest vet by the way. I cuddled her one last time and loved her until her last breath. It was heart wrenching but the right thing to do. Her old body was just ready to go and it wouldn't have been right to make her hold on any longer. I'm grateful for the friends and family who shared their condolences for our "crazy" cat. She will be greatly missed in our family.

1 comment:

Bree said...

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. I think the craziest animals make the best pets. They understand us more. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails