Friday, September 5, 2008

And Two Frogs Later...

Today we went to Peach Days in Brigham City. I know this may sound cheesy but I love Peach Days, I've always loved Peach Days, I will always love Peach Days. Anyway, we got up there and were looking for a parking spot when I then thought to ask my dear husband if he remembered the stroller. Nope, he hadn't. So we went to Shopko where I just couldn't bring myself to buy another of something we already have. So we left and as we were going towards Walmart he thought, what about a wagon. O.k., a wagon might be alright, we could use that. So in we went, straight to the toy department, no wagons. How does the worlds largest everything store not have a stinkin wagon? So, in my frustration and my fourth headache this week I said bag it let's go home. Punkin had already started whining and we hadn't even been gone an hour. Dallas wasn't going to let it ruin our day so he dropped me and Punkin off at the Old Grist Mill so that we could have some lunch and he and Peanut drove back home to get the stroller. Fast forward, now we have a stroller and are again looking for another parking spot. It was a beautiful day, I'd say somewhere in the high 70's with a nice breeze. Punkin had her face painted, her new favorite thing to do this summer.
We walked through all of the craft booths loving all of the cute things that people have made and then saying, "we could do that". Dallas always goes and analyzes things to keep a mental note of what materials they used so that he can recreate it. It never happens but he means well. Of course, if I really wanted something he would do it. Then there was nice old man that had a spin art table with Frisbees, so Punkin made one of those. Then we came across a booth that had a 10 gallon fish tank full of about 100 tiny frogs. Yes we are the sucker parents. So for $10 we walked away with two frogs, three months of food, and tiny pink plastic aquarium. I'll be honest, we have been talking about getting fish again so it wasn't a real hard sell for the guy. Now if I could just keep Punkin from beating on the poor things we'd be good. Afterwards we made our way to the ride area. Punkin hasn't ever been on a carnival ride and what better ride than a merry-go-round.

She got to go on it twice, once with Dallas and then with me. Peanut sat on the side and watched.
We went a grabbed a burger and hot dog for the munchkin and had the Peach Cobbler that we go to Peach Days for. It's totally worth it, I know I could make it but it's just tradition. On our way back to the car we noticed the junior parade was about to start so we stuck around for that. It wasn't that great but Punkin got some candy and a Popsicle so I guess it was worth it. So yet again a good day, we'll see what the rest of the weekend brings.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Oh they are so cute! :}

Just a side note about the frogs:

I've had those before. Caution with the food. It may cause them to shed, {it'll tell you} and if they're the little water frogs they are not supposed to! I know. It took me 2 frogs and 8 months cumulatively to figure out they were suffocating in their own skin.

ew.

Instead, feed them beta fish food :} I had a beta with my third. :}

I'd hate for her to loose her frog. :{

Holby said...

That sounds so fun. Loving Peach Days isn't cheezy...it's PEACHY! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails