My husband has been dealing with a rather stubborn kidney stone for two weeks know. And this may sound selfish but it's driving me nuts. I'm sure that he's not enjoying this situation either. But I haven't fully decided who's got it worse. We are both frustrated with the situation. He was in so much pain he couldn't even work last week so you see where that leaves me. Single mom again. I've consulted many sources on what he can do to rid himself of these stones. One I've heard repeatedly is a can of asparagus and a six pack of coke. He absolutely refuses to do it. I asked, "if they are so horrible you should want to try anything." He still refuses, I guess he likes pain. His doctor told him to just drink lots of water and flush them out. He's been drinking so much water I'm afraid he might drown. I know what your thinking, blast them. We've considered this, but there are too many drawbacks and side effects and his Dr. doesn't recommend it. I'm absolutely at my wits end, this is the second time he's had this happen this year among other things. Sometimes I feel like I'm married to a ninety year old man. If it's not one thing it's another. I never thought that I would be a caretaker for my husband and a mother to babies at the same time. I know this sounds like a hate my husband, I don't, I love him, I'm just frustrated. I would love some advice on the matter of the stones if you have any to share.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago



2 comments:
I totally feel for you. I don't have any advice about the stones but the Coke and Asparagus thing sounds a little nuts to me, but I'm no doctor.
Unfortunately, Dallas gets to experience the closest thing to labor pains as any guy will ever get (and without an epidural!). If you can, let the girls help as much as possible. It will keep them busy, too, and hopefully out of your hair for a breather once in a while.
I'm sure he really appreciates you. It's that "health and sickness" part of marriage. It's easy to say, "I Do", but none of us really know what we're getting into! (lol) Hopefully, he'll return the favor if you're ever in a similar bind (heaven forbid).
My wife never thought people could have so many health problems as when she married me. Luckily, my problems are mostly annoyances and I live with them (complaining only once in a while).
You women are such a blessing to us guys. I can't imagine what I'd do without my wife. Hang in there...it will pass (literally).
Sorry I don't have any advice. Just hang in there. We just love ya!
Post a Comment