Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Punkin!!

It's hard to believe that my little girl is growing up so fast. You have truly been a joy and at times a pain. I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything. As you may or may not know it took a long time for us to get pregnant with you with no explanation. I just chalk it up to God wanting us to be more prepared. And I answer that with, you can never be fully prepared. A year and a half after we made the big decision I was in disbelief when that little stick told us yes, so I took three more just in case. You were such a wonderful baby, I felt guilty that we had it so good. Your Daddy loves that you look like him and your such a daddy's girl. We absolutely adore your big blue eyes and gorgeous red curly hair. You're smart and funny. I know in the past when you had just turned two, I felt like we had missed a whole year because all of the sudden you were speaking so well, knew all of your colors and were becoming very fluent in you ABC's. Now here we are a year later and just yesterday you were writing your name. You continue to amaze me with your big words, like this morning when you told me that you wanted to stay in your PJ's because they are "comforble" and then told me I had crazy hair and that yours was "beauiful" and "cute". You are such a great big sister, as I sit and write you are playing with your "baby Peanut" in the most precious way. I know that these days won't last but I'll certainly enjoy them while I can. Punkin I don't even remember life before you, you've added such a joy that it's hard to describe. I miss you when I'm at work and if I'm away from you on the weekends. I know I should enjoy moments spent alone, but I sometimes feel like you've grown up a little more when I'm gone. Keep your happy spirit and we look forward to watching you grow. Happy 3rd Birthday sweetheart, you are loved more than you'll ever know.
Love, Mommy and Daddy


1 comment:

Shaffer Family said...

Happy Birthday to the little one. It's been fun getting to know you and your kids, hope you guys had a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails