
So I thought I'd follow my last post with something not as sweet so that you know that I'm not delusional and believe my children are always angels. Tonight Punkin was just bouncing of the walls. She wouldn't take a nap today and so I should have been prepared. While her sister was napping and she was playing in her room I cleaned up the toys off our family room floor as usual. When they woke up/emerged from their rooms, the mess ensued again. No biggy, it's the way it is. After dinner and baths I asked Punkin to please clean up the blocks that she'd thrown all over the floor. You guessed it, she didn't say "Ya Sure". She instead blew up into this head spinning, demonic tantrum and started throwing the blocks. I immediately drug, and yes I mean drug her upstairs, brushed her teeth, and put her to bed. Her kicking and screaming was so out of control I didn't even bother trying to read her a story. Why would I? I will not reward that type of behavior and she knows it. Well that did it, she ran to her door and literally screamed and jumped up and down in the hallway. I then went back upstairs, put her back in bed took her ladybug (that really did it) and left. She easily screamed and kicked her wall, and stomped around for twenty minutes until she finally fell asleep. Why did I share this you ask? In my defense, she totally gets it from her dad.


1 comment:
I feel your pain! L still does this! Drives me batty! It gets better. But you totally did the best thing by showing her you don't tollerate stuff like that!
But I'm sure it's the red in her. ;)
Post a Comment