So I told myself all night long I wasn't going to post this but I just can't contain it. My blog if you haven't noticed is my silent friend. One who doesn't tell me that I talk too much or tell me things that I don't want nor need to hear. So here goes............
Today has been a day of days. I first get up at the crack of dawn with Punkin who wants waffles for breakfast, I love our waffle days, so I whip up a batch. She wants to help so she gets her stool and puts it right in front of me and the waffle iron. DANGER, DANGER. I ask her to move it over just a little bit so she doesn't get burned. Let the melt down commence, blah, blah, you know how the rest of the story goes. So the first waffle is done, I cut it up and drench it with syrup and place it in front of her, " I don't want waffles anymore" she screams. I want to shoot myself.
So on to the rest of the morning, I get Peanut up who has a leaky diaper of diarrhea due to her teething. Yay for me. And since we got home late last night I didn't give them baths so it was bath morning. I get Peanut cleaned up and in the bath and Punkin freaks out again. Oh, by the way, I'm also trying to get ready to go to a funeral within the hour. Alas my husband is still in bed, unfortunately due to lack of sleep from a kidney stone that has ailed him since Christmas. Yes people, another kidney stone, and a big one, he has not worked for two weeks! Also, no Urologist can/will get him in till March. That's a whole other story about the state of our health care. We might as well be living in Canada. Blah, Blah, the kids are bathed I'm partially ready and my husband has finally arisen, looking like hell.
So my parents come to pick me up for the funeral, I'm leaving the girls with their dying dad. Hop, skip, and a jump later I call on the way to the cemetery to check on the disaster I call home and now, after four weeks he wants to go to the ER. I asked him before I left if I needed to stay home, he told me that he knew I wanted/needed to go to this funeral and he'd be fine. I want to shoot myself. Apparently he's forgotten how long a funeral can go. Especially when the sweet women who's passed was nearly 103 years old. I digress. I finally get home, with a migraine mind you, kids are napping so I said we'll go when they wake up. I'm certainly not going to dump my kids on my parents for who knows how long without a decent nap. So I curl up in the recliner and try to take a nap to try to rid myself of the massive headache in preparation for what is likely going to be a long night.
We finally get to the ER. NO WAITING! Everything was going so smoothly I was highly optimistic that they would admit him and rid him of his misery. Four hours later. Dr. comes in and says, 'well the stone is still in your kidney and you have no bladder or kidney infection so I don't know why your in so much pain. You'll need to call the Urologist on Monday and get in as soon as you can."
I want to shoot myself.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago


2 comments:
oh sweetie! I'm so so so sorry!
Im so sorry, You have the best stories...
Post a Comment