1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got stuck in the snow in my driveway, then tried to push my car, by myself, eight months prego. I know, stupid.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make a habit of making resolutions, I have ideas and sometimes I'll follow through. I thought having a baby and raising her was good enough.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Besides myself, my cousin Natalie had a baby girl in July.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Cocoa the dog.
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A new (to us) truck, maybe a travel trailer, and a happy healthy husband.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The first week of April and May, the months of September and October, and Christmas. Two words, Kidney Stones (hubby's).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Blogging, Digiscrapping, Balancing the super stressful year and doing pretty will I might add.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not always keeping my temper in check with my family.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, who has time.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Photoshop Elements 7
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Peanut, she's the only one happy to see me in the morning.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My husband sometimes.
14. Where did most of your money go?
GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having our second baby and having our family complete.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Of course it's a Jack Johnson song. His CD, Sleep Through the Static, came out days before we had Peanut and I immediatley fell in love with the song Angel.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? probably a little richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Loved my husband
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelled at my kids
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents (my second home), there isn't any other place I'd rather be on Christmas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I sure did, with Peanut.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No
24. What was the best book you read?
I'm not much of a reader but I did read three books last year, the best was The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I've recently reverted back to listening to country, I don't know why.
26. What did you want and get?
A shiatsu neck massager. My job kicks my butt......back.......neck......etc.
27. What did you want and not get?
A mothers ring. I think I've earned it.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Baby Mamma
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28, and I don't even remember what I did. It was my first week back to work after maternity leave so I probably just did the usual mom stuff and went to bed exhausted.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Just getting through some of the junk in our lives without the added health issues.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
What fashion concept?
32. What kept you sane?
Blogging actually.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can't think of any.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Sarah Palin. I really liked her and I'm not sure why, she seemed real.
35. Who did you miss?
Hands down, my Grandpa, he could be so awnry, but I miss him because if it. I miss everything about him. He was ironically a positive influence in my life.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Peanut, she's my mini me.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Enjoy every minute with your kids, do everything you can with them, no matter how silly it may be.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "....i know He's here but I don't look as often as I should....." I Saw God Today by George Strait
This year will be different.
If you feel compelled to copy this list like I did, please do, I'd love to read it.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment