
Today I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, LOVE.
That was the theme of our wedding a mere ten years ago. I was 19 years old and Dallas 22. We had a lot of ideas of how we wanted our marriage to be at that time. He wanted kids right away, I wanted to wait. It was a huge adjustment for me to say the least. He had already lived on his own for awhile where I had just left my parents home. We bought our first home exactly a year after we were married. I loved our little twin home in Roy, but I didn't love Roy. We had a great time being married without children, we traveled on a whim, stayed up all night watching movies, you know having fun. But 4 years into our marriage I decided to give into my husbands requests for children and we started trying to get pregnant. It only took a year and a half, ya I know, only. Shortly after we found out we were pregnant we put our house up for sale to move back to North Ogden. So for our sixth anniversary we bought our second home. And we welcomed both Punkin and Peanut to our home in North Ogden where we plan to stay for quite a while. Now we have a better kind of fun.
Here we are 10 years later, where the last few have probably been the hardest. We've experienced a lot of ups and downs and they surely aren't going to end anytime soon. But when we said our vows in front of our family and friends that beautiful June day in my parents backyard, we made a promise to ourselves that for better or for worse, richer or poorer as long as we both shall live, that's the way it was going to be. I wouldn't change a thing.


3 comments:
Congrats on ten years! Hope there's many many more for you two!
hooray! Happy Anniversary! :) Hope you enjoyed the day with Dallas! :)
Way to go Kami! I am so glad you are happy. Sometimes it is the tough times that help keep marriages strong. Your wedding day was gorgeous, nothing like the weather this year!
Post a Comment