Saturday, I took the girls to the Healing Field of Honor (I think that is what it was called). It was at the Weber County Fair Grounds. I had many intentions to get there the first chance I got, but with both of the girls getting sick and other hiccups during the week that I'll get into later, that didn't happen. Let's just say, this was the most amazing and touching site I've ever seen. Some people are moved by fireworks, or the national anthem, or whatever. If you have never seen nearly 5000 American Flags all at once you will never know the feeling. We got there just before 9 a.m. trying to beat the heat and crowds. It was so quiet and both of the girls and I just stood there and stared at the flags in awe. I was already a bit emotional to begin with but when you walk into the flags and see that on each flag there were one to three yellow ribbons with names of fallen soldiers attached, you can't help but tear up a little. Everybody already knows I'm a bit of a patriotic fanatic sometimes. I just love this country and I love our military. Here are some pictures to peek at.
No comments:
Post a Comment