Yesterday we got home from our first (and probably only) camping trip of the year. We hooked up the truck to the trailer and hauled the dune buggy down to Marysvale, Utah along with my parents, brother, Grandma, Uncle Steve and Aunt Marla and their kids Brandon and Ricci with her new baby. My Uncle Kevin and his girlfriend Barbara were also able to join us. This trip served two purposes. First, Camping, enough said. Second, Friday was my mom's 50th Birthday. There was no way that she was going to not have some sort of party.
We left Thursday morning after some very hectic packing the night before. My mom rode with us and thank goodness she did. I was heavily preoccupied with pulling the trailer behind us and could not do anything for my kids. My Grandma rode with my dad and Twinkie. We met up for lunch with my brother and Aunt, Uncle, and cousins at Burger king in Nephi. After lunch we headed to Marysvale. I'll be honest this isn't really camping. My parents own the Taj Mahal of trailers, Blake (my brother) has a huge tent complete with a little table and chair. We stayed in a cabin that had a microwave and mini-fridge as well as a heater and a/c. We didn't have to go too far to find a flushing toilet and coin operated shower. But you know, this is an atv haven and your going to get dirty, and you have to clean up. We did the tent thing the first year we went there with Punkin when she was 18 months old. It wasn't bad, she just didn't sleep well which meant the other people in tents didn't either. Plus I don't have a tent large enough to accommodate us anymore. Anyway, we got there in one piece and started the fun right away. If the girls weren't conning rides out of their Uncle Blake they were either coloring or playing in the dirt. They played in the dirt probably the most, which meant baths every night. Friday I coordinated with my dad to take my mom on a long ride so that I could drive up to Richfield to pick up a cake and other items for her birthday. I left Punkin with my Grandma and Aunt and took Peanut with me. It took me a little more than an hour and when we got back we blew up some balloons and decorated the pavilion the campground has. After everyone returned from the trip we heard about all of the adventure, especially Ricci's crash and burn. She apparently was trying to keep up with my brother and Brandon and took a turn to sharp and ate it. She's OK, a little bruised and beat up but at least she's alive. While everyone was cleaning up, Grandma and I started putting together some hobo dinners. We cooked them on the grill and then we went over to the pavilion to eat. I was walking over with my mom and she saw some balloons and said "I don't want to go in there, it looks like someone is already using it." I said, "oh mom, it's fine we'll only be there for a minute." She walked in and said, "Oh, it's for me!" I then ran over to our cabin and grabbed the cake out of our fridge. I think she was happy that we did something for her without making a huge production.
Saturday we made plans to go on another ride but this time take the girls. I was a little hesitant but it what could it hurt. We weren't doing anything to difficult and we thought they would enjoy it. Peanut started off with me, she looked a little tired so we knew it wouldn't be too long before she fell asleep. My mom wrapped a towel around the seat belt straps to give her some cushion. About seventeen miles in we stopped to take a break and decided to go back because Punkin had gotten dust in her eyes and wasn't happy about it. She even blamed me and she wasn't even with me. Punkin was getting a little tired of the trip as well. So my parents and I took the girls back and the rest of our group continued on. Punkin rode back with me which was a little more fun because I wasn't having to stop and fix her in her seat as much and I could go a little faster, which we both like. The total trip was 34 miles and my girls did really well. Which is good, because this what our family does and they are going to have to like it. We got back and just hung out with my Grandma and Ricci. The girls watched a movie while they ate lunch. Finally everyone got back and told us about their adventures this time. I only got a picture of my Aunt but they were all covered in mud. I guess once they hit the top of the mountain they were caught in a hail storm and had quite a ride. It certainly showed. We had dinner shortly after that which included hot dogs, chips, veggies, and fried zucchini.
Sunday morning I got up and showered, we had breakfast and packed up to head out. We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again.
I made my mom a scrapbook for her birthday and have been working on it since about January. Since it was a big secret I haven't been able to reveal any of the pages until now. This was my first digital scrapbook but I did add some additional elements after I printed the pages. So if some of the pages look like they are missing something they probably are. My mom likes the 3-D element of scrapbooking so I tried to merge the two types of scrapbooking. These are not in order because I forget that blogger does not upload in the order I choose. So bare with me.

Camping and riding motorcycles.
With some of their older vehicles.
I just love this photo.

My parent's wedding.
This was taken when they had the engagements done ( I think).





2 comments:
Such cute pages! I also love your new background!
very cute! :)
Post a Comment