
Day Seventeen
Write about something you feel grateful for in your life today.
Oddly enough it's for my husband. I know what your thinking. Is she nuts, has she lost her mind. Maybe.
He's been out of the rehabilitation camp for a week now and has been working. I realize that this could change with one whiff of the bottle, but Saturday night I went with him and his brother to the camp for the open meeting. This was the night he was to receive his 60 day chip. This is only the second meeting that I've been to and it was by far the most interesting. Several people were celebrating their "Birthdays" the earliest being 30 days and the longest being 2 years. Not to say their weren't any old timers, there was one long winded one. I had been asked to go to D's 30 day Birthday but at that point in the scheme of things it was not important to me. It was eye opening. D spoke when he accepted his chip, he didn't say anything poignant, or get emotional, but he did speak his truth. He's struggled through probably the easiest part of all this. We are still separated until we get some time to hash things out. But what I'm grateful for after this novel I've just written, is the AA program and the changes it has made in him. Not for me, but for our kids. It's a cycle that has plagued his family for far too long and he has decided it stops with him, and for that I am grateful.


1 comment:
I don't think you're crazy.
I'm proud of you.
And of Dallas for making the changes necessary to make it stop with him.
Post a Comment