Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy December 4th


Ok, so I couldn't really think of a decent title for this post so you get what you get. Anyway, my favorite time of year is upon us. My tree is up, most of the presents are bought, but my spirit is slightly down. I wish I could be excited about it, and I should be. I have two very excited little girls, one of which this is still new too so it makes it more exciting. This is what I had waited my whole life for. Christmas with my children is something I imagined when I was young. I wish I could place my finger on exactly why I'm not as into it this year. I know what your all thinking. Kamee you have had some major changes this year, nothing is going to be the same or at all like you wanted it to be. I realize this, but things are definitely better in my home this year than the last few. I don't know, I'm just going to continue going through the motions and hope that something hits me soon.

Anyway, some of you know that I got a new tree last year that I LOVE! I'm just going to share some of my favorite things about my tree and my girlies ornaments for 2009.

This is our tree fairy. My mom gave this to me a few years ago and she is one of my favorite little touches. She even matches the other elements I've added to my new tree. She sits near the top as if she was watching over everything.

This is a sparkly branch I picked up at Ben Franklin store closing sale. Reeeaaalllly messy but sooooo worth it.


This is a green glittery swirly thing I pick up at Walmart....ya, Walmart. This was even messier. I don't think they let the glue dry before they packaged it so what should have been several swirlies was one big giant one that I had to nearly surgically separate to get six out of. That was like a glitter blood bath all over my kitchen counter.

This is my snowball. I have six of them dotted through the tree. I've probably had these the longest. I bought six of these years ago at the Gardner Village White Shoppe (on sale). They are sparkly and fuzzy and yes messy. Why does anything that sparkles have to be so messy?

This is one of my four ginormous snowflakes that I got at Real Deals last year on Black Friday. No waiting in line, they opened at ten and I got some really great deals. These babies are the size of dinner plates and look awesome tucked into the tree.


This is Peanuts ornament. I chose this because of several reasons. This year my girls experienced s'mores for the first time. I know, I know. But they are soooo messy. I hate sticky kids. Anyway, I also chose this one because this is how Peanut approaches anyone lucky enough to receive her hugs and kisses.
This is Punkins. If you all remember her request from Santa last year you'll know why I chose this s'more man. She is our little patriot and who wouldn't love to have a kid like that.
Last but most important is my nativity. It's been a work in progress. Willow Tree products are one of my most favorites. I have wanted this set since it's release and this year I found the wise men for 50% off the regular price. I should've taken a picture of another treasured piece. The nativity is sitting on my Great Grandmother's sewing machine that is still in working condition, though I would never try. It's now a beautiful piece of furniture that helps display my favorite things.

1 comment:

Mindy and Garry said...

pretty tree! that is fun that you buy your girls ornaments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails