Isn't that picture sweet? Such and angel. You would think just by the look on that face. But, as I sit here and write, Peanut is running around with her pants off. This may not sound like a big deal, but a week ago was when her new obsession started. Last Sunday morning I went into her room to get her up for the day and there she stood in her crib, naked. Later that day after her nap I caught her just before she disrobed her poopy diaper.
Wednesday, she stripped after her nap and fingered painted, if you know what I mean. That evening it was decided that she would forever be wearing a onesie under all of her clothes.
How quickly I forgot the new rule yesterday, and was greeted by Peanut after her nap, half naked and poopy diaper off. I caught her just before her artistic impulse kicked in. So last night she wore footy pajamas with a onesie underneath. I went to get her this morning and there she was, just in her onesie, and one side of the diaper undone. This kid is relentless!
I do realize that this could be a sign that she is ready to potty train, but the logistics just aren't there. She's not communicating enough with me for me to be able to trust that she will tell me when she needs to go. And she also is so tiny I wouldn't be able to fit her into any panties.
There is a small part of me that thinks this child is just in a stage. She's experimenting. Testing our patience. I sure hope we pass.


No comments:
Post a Comment