Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Peanuts Checkup


I realized tonight that I hadn't posted any new developments on Peanuts development. We had her 2 year check up on February 11th and as usual she did great. She finally broke the 20 lb. mark and has hit 22 lbs. That puts her in the 3% on her growth chart. She is 34.75 in. tall, 75%. Her Doctor isn't too worried about her weight anymore because she is still following the growth curve. One thing he's a little concerned about is her lack of speaking. We know she understands, but she doesn't say much, well, nothing we can understand. I had told him at her last visit that I think it's because her big sis answers everything for her. As much as we try to work with both of them on that we are not winning. He then witnessed it first hand when he started asking Peanut where certain body parts are, and the first second of hesitation Punkin answered for her. It's really frustrating. She is talking a lot more just in the last couple of weeks and showing some decent progress so we'll hope for the best. She did have to have two shots in her legs, and with no fat we know that doesn't feel very good, but she still managed a little smile and a "kank you" to the nurse as we left.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails