It seems that I don't post things very often anymore. Maybe it's because of work, or home, or we really haven't had much to talk about. Until today.
I took a few vacation days and spent some much needed time off doing whatever I felt like. Wednesday I was off for my manager meeting. I have my meeting then I'm off for the rest of the day. So I went to Walmart and the chiropractor. Not really too eventful. Thursday on the other hand, I took the girls to daycare and I spent nearly the whole day cleaning my craft room. This room is for me to use for whatever I want, but in the 4 1/2 years we've lived hear it's been a mess. I still had boxes that were never unpacked. I had to clean it because in a few weeks we are getting new windows and the guy couldn't even get to the window for the crap that was in the way. So Friday was errand day, as usual. Saturday I went to S.L.C. with my sis-in-law to a Tranquility Circle demonstration. It's a stress management type kit, I thought it was really neat and we had a fun day out. Later that evening D and I went out on a date to Chili's and then to the AA Camp where he was to receive his 6 month recognition chip. I'm so proud of him. *Sigh* Afterwards we went to Spoon Me and enjoyed some Acai frozen yogurt and headed to Walmart to get the girls a little gift for Valentines Day. Sunday, we just hung out at home. We did go visit with my parents and took them some homemade Valentines that we all made for them in my newly cleaned craft room.
But the greatest day yet was today. We went on our first trip to S.L.C. on the frontrunner to go to Discovery Gateway. I have to be honest, I wasn't to keen on the idea of taking the train down and completely relying on public transportation. I like the security of my vehicle. But D insisted and once he had Punkin on his side I was outnumbered. I have to admit, it wasn't all that bad. We got right where we needed to be and we all really enjoyed the ride. What was really nice is that we got a group rate of $12 to ride. I only wish the Museum was that inexpensive. I had a coupon for buy one get one and it was still $25. The girls had a great time but I can't say that it will be someplace we visit again. We have the Treehouse Museum here in Ogden and it may be a bit smaller but I think for the price it's a way better deal.
(side note: I'm typing this next section for the third time because blogger says it's saving, but it's not really.)
Anyway, after the kids played for a while, we went to lunch at the food court. After that we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for dessert, (mmmm, giant peanut butter cup). Then we hopped into the Clark Planetarium and explored the free exhibits. After that we were headed home. I had hoped that the kids would be tired enough to nap, Fat Chance! They were really good the whole day until we got to the car. Peanut just fell asleep but Punkin started with her usual dramatics. If you have a or had a four year girl, you know what I mean.
All in all, we had a wonderful day. It was worth the time I took off from work and the money spent just to have some fun family time. I can't wait for our next adventure.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago





1 comment:
We love Discovery. And I've had memberships to both museums, and I'd have to say, for the money, Yes, Treehouse is better. Being in SLC everything is more expensive, and we did get quite a bit of use out of our membership this year, so doing a membership is worth it for Discovery, if you plan on visiting lots. Which we did.
Glad you guys had a good family day. Sometimes, those are the best breaks tohave!
Post a Comment