Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Anniversary...........Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday, Dallas and I "celebrated" our 11th Anniversary. It was really just another day. Except for the fact that I woke up with one eye swollen. I have not idea what is wrong with it, but Peanut had the same thing happen to her last week so I assume it's attributed to that. So I'm less than attractive at the moment. I also got another migraine yesterday. That would make four this week. I'm out of my Imitrex so that pretty much ended the day. I was able to take a nap for a little while and when I woke up my head felt a little better. So we went to the trailer supply store. Whoopee! Oh ya, we bought a little tent trailer this week. I think it's pretty nice and it was quite a deal. We wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't, we were just going to buy a bigger tent. After we bought a few items from the trailer supply store we went to Chilis for dinner, and yes, with the kids. My migraine kicked up a little bit again, but was much better. We stopped and rented a movie got home and put the kids to bed. Then my eye got worse, it felt like I had something in it but no amount of eye drops would help. We exchanged our cards and watched the movie, I with one eye closed. I actually didn't mind that we didn't make a big production for our anniversary, it was just nice to be home and hanging out with D. He's gone a lot with his AA stuff, doing service work and what not. So for him to be home on a Saturday night was a treat.
This afternoon we are having my family over for a BBQ for father's day. We are cooking ribs for the first time. My dad made the special request, so I hope we don't disappoint. I think my dad will probably go through our trailer and walk D through the in's and out's of maintenance.
I want to wish all of the dad's out there a wonderful father's day. And never underestimate your role in your childrens lives, it's really something to be celebrated.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails