So I'm betting you think this is a post about a new puppy, right? Nope, we have entered the clan of Pop-Up owners. We purchased a 2001 Coleman Cheyenne Tent Trailer a couple of weeks ago and in the rush of normal everyday life we have been diligently learning everything we can about our new toy. I found a website called Popupportal.com that has been really helpful, but the one thing that stands out to me is the amount of pride and work people put into these things. I can honestly say I would be proud to join them. Pop-up's are such a strange little thing. People are all about doing different "mods" (modifications) to maximize space, decor, function, and use. I have seen so many cool ideas that I could just take off running with it. Alas, finances enter the picture and then I'm thrown back into reality that some things just take time. The first thing that is going to be done are the curtains. They are horribly faded and ugly. I'm sure they were nice at one time but I can't even tell what the original color was. Next will be the cushions. The upholstery is in good shape but ugly. And there is this little part of me that's a little OCD. Things have to match or coordinate and I wasn't going to coordinate my new curtains with the ugly upholstery. There are a few other small things that we are going to do and I plan to take you all along on our journey. We are leaving on our first trip next week where I hope I may get some curtains made (fingers crossed). Here are some photos of what we have.
This is our bed (king size)
This is the kids bed.
This is what pup owners call the galley. Stove, sink and fridge.
Ugly sofa
Ugly dinette cushions.
Here's a little taste of what you'll be seeing somewhere in the decor.



2 comments:
When I was a kid, my parents had a pop up trailer, and I loved sleeping in it. It was so much fun, and the bed was big enough to play with my toys on during the day, and we hid and giggled behind the curtains when we should have been sleeping.
I hope you guys have so many memories in your new trailer! SO FUN!
That's so cool! I'm hoping someday we'll be able to move up out of the tents and into something we pull behind the truck. Way to go. Enjoy your summer to the max!
Post a Comment