Wow, this month has just flown by. We have had such a busy month but mostly because of work. We had to work every Friday at the beginning of the month so that we could take a few extra days off during the Christmas break. Punkin had her first dance program at the studio and her first fund raiser. Or should I say, my first fund raiser? Her dance program was really cute, it made me really excited for Peanut to start dance and for the spring recital. The fund raiser was selling pies for Rocky Mountain Pie Company, we bought a Chocolate Cream and an Apple. They were d-e-vine. So if you know anyone looking to do a fund raiser I highly recommend them, they turn out a great product and you actually make a decent amount off of them for whatever you need. We had a very eventful Christmas Eve Eve. The girls had a daycare party in the morning, then we were off to SL to deliver a couple of pies and then head to Gardner Village to do the Elf Scavenger Hunt. If you've never been to Gardner Village to do that you should. It's fun for the kids and in between hunting you can sneak into a couple of shops and "look" for elves in there. I think the most entertaining thing was when we found the elf going over the naughty and nice list and finding both of our childrens names on the NAUGHTY list RIGHT next to eachother. Yes, they were spelled wrong, but come on, their names are not that common, and to be right next to eachother, that's just funny. Afterwards we had a couple more pies to deliver and then get home.
Christmas Eve D and I split the kids and we headed out with the rest of the last minute shoppers. I really only had to get a few little things for my nieces and stocking stuffers for D. Then we just hung out at home. We had originally planned to go to a live Nativity in West Haven but I had a horribly sore throat that I didn't want to make worse and inevitably be worse for Christmas. So we rented movies and played with the kids and just enjoyed being together.
Christmas Day I actually woke up before everyone. My kids don't get up early just yet to see what Santa brought them. Apparently my bladder was pretty excited to see what Santa brought though, lol. We had such a nice Christmas. The girls got bean bags for their playroom and personalized Disney blankets, zhu zhu pets, baby alives, and several Leapfrog items. We are truly Leapfrog addicts in our home. Punkin got a leapster 2, and Peanut got a Text and Learn, and they both got a Click Start to share. We also got a Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance Kids, and Wii Fit for Kids. I got Dallas the Cabellas Big Hunt 2011 for the Wii and some clothes. My parents got him a TomTom and me a sewing machine case, some jewelry and clothes. D got me a jacket and a Laptop. Ya, I know, I got him a lame Wii game and clothes and he overdoes himself and gets a Laptop. Not that I'm complaining, I've been wanting one for a long time. BUT, this is in addition to cleaning the house top to bottom again this year. I was thoroughly satisfied with just that. He even cleaned the playroom, the scariest room in the house. So overall we had a fantastic Christmas. We even got to visit Gma B, she has had the flue and with all of the visitors she was a bit overdone. I'm hoping she'll be feeling a little better when we go see her on Friday. We're also looking forward to her moving out of the nursing home and into an assisted living soon. I'm not sure if she feels the same though.
Talking while Shopping!
16 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment