We started out at my parents house for dinner and went around the cul-de-sac there. I've known most of the neighbors there since I was a teenager so it was fun for them to see my kids. Both of the girls must have had a rough day because we had several melt downs while we waited to go trick-or-treating. Once we left, the house around the corner had a sign on the door saying they had no candy because they had the flu. I totally appreciated that. Afterwards we had some carmel apple and headed home.
When we got home D was waiting for us and had gotten the pumpkins out on the porch and lit and was handing out candy. He took Punkin out in our neighborhood and I stayed home this year.
We really had a nice Halloween. Once we got the girls to bed, we sat down to watch a movie and I fell asleep.
On a side note, for those who want to know. D and I are going to try to work things out in our marriage. I have thought about all of the negatives and positives of my decision and the positives far outweigh the negatives. I have never had any ill feeling towards him other than frustration and anger in the beginning of our separation. He has and is continuing to show more promise and commitment to our marriage. Obviously this isn't going to be easy. We have a lot of trust issues as you could probably assume. I question everything, except now he doesn't get defensive and he just answers, so that helps a lot. I think my girls deserve to have a family that stays together, but they also deserve an honest and sober father as well. He knows that this is it. No room for error. We are just hoping and working for the best.


2 comments:
Your girls are so cute!! :)
BTW~ Papermart.com has cheap tulle ;)
And big hugs girl.
your girls are so cute! That is such a creative witch costume! Next year I'm going to try something a little more creative! I truly wish you and Dallas the best! Good luck1
Post a Comment